Recipe - 𝐄𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬
- 3/4 cups of butter (1 1/2 sticks ) melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room tempature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- In a bowl, mix butter, dark brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, espresso and baking soda.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet, then fold in the dark chocolate. (Do not over mix)
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Using 1 ounce cookie scoop or a spoon scoop the dough onto the baking sheet, placing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let it cool before transferring them to the cookie racks. Top them off with sea salt.