I can finally say that I am in love with morning oats, especially when they are warm.
What did I see in oats before?
- Oats were plain and boring to me.
- I think of plain porridge.
- Where’s the meat to make this taste better?
What do I see in oats now?
- A bowl of goodness.
- Cooking oats along with apples comes a long way.
- Can add as much topping as I want.
Recipe - Apple Oats
- 1 cup oats
- 3 cup water
- 1 medium granny smith apple, diced
- maple syrup or any type of sweetener prefer
- splash of almond milk
- sliced banana
- almond butter
- Bring water to boil, add in oatmeal, flaxseeds, maple syrup and half portion of diced apples. Cook for 5-10 minutes or to your preference. Constantly stir so it does not burn. If too thick, can add another cup of water.
- Top the warm oats with almond butter, blueberries, bananas, and the other half portion of diced apples.