What do you do when you have a handful of ripe bananas? Don’t let it go to waste! Use them for pancakes, cookies or for your oat meals. I decided to use my ripe bananas for cookies and they came out delicious. What made the taste even better was a dash of sea salt. The dash of sea salt enhanced the dark chocolate, so overall made the cookie tasted a lot better with it being added to.
Recipe - Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , cut in cubes
- sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350F. In a large bowl, add in butter and both sugar and mix (can use a stand mixer if have). Mix well until it is creamy.
- Add in mashed banana, egg yolk, vanilla, salt and baking soda. Mix all to combine. Once the dough incorporates, stir in the chocolate.
- Use a cookie scooper or tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough onto the parchment paper at least two inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes. When the cookies are out of the oven, sprinkle some sea salt and let it cook before serving.