Buckwheat noodles are also known as soba noodles. I enjoy eating instant noodles, but you can’t beat the fresh noodles. I feel like it captures the flavor more than the instant kind. The chewiness texture gets me every time.
Ways to eat soba noodles:
- Dip in cold sauce
- Dry mix
If I had to choose what ways to eat it, I would choose dip in cold sauce and soup.
Recipe - Chicken Buckwheat Noodle Soup
- 1 medium size chicken breast
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups of spinach
- salt and pepper
- noodle of your choice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 tablespoon chili oil (optional)
𝗦𝗮𝘂𝗰𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗻:
- Prepare the noodles of your choice. Set to the side.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Place chicken breast into the boiling water, turn down to medium high, cook for 10-15. Turn off the heat and cover the pot with a lid for 5 minutes. Let the hot water continue to cook the chicken. This will keep the chicken moist and not dry.
- Remove the chicken into a bowl. Shred the chicken with hands or with a fork.
- Add in the sauce ingredients into the chicken and mix well.
- Bring the chicken broth back to a boil. Add in spinach, salt and pepper to your taste.