When attending a Chinese Banque, this dish is usually served as an appetizer and funny to say, I would fight everyone for it if they are not eating it. I love how it is served cold and the crunch and pickled vegetables is very appetizing.
What you’ll need:
- Instant Jellyfish
- roasted sesame seeds
- green onions
- sesame oil
- black vinegar
- soy sauce
- mushroom bouillon or chicken bouillon
- chili oil
- pickled vegetables
You can use any type of instant jellyfish or packaged jellyfish (salted). With the salted jellyfish packages, you will need to rinse, boil for at least 10 to 15 minutes to remove the excessive salt. Prepare the vegetables.
Combined the sauces and add them into the jellyfish. Mix well.
Place the jellyfish and vegetables in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Assemble and serve cold!
Recipe - Cold Jellyfish Salad
- 2 bags of instant jelly fish
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp black vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mushroom bouillon
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 slices ginger (minced)
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- half a carrot, sliced into sticks
- 1 small cucumber, seed removed, sliced into sticks
- 1 tsp chili oil ( optional )
- pickled daikon, sliced
- Drain the jellyfish from the packages. Run the jellyfish under warm water, drain and set to the side. If jellyfish packages come with sauces, you can disregard or keep them for future use.
- Prepare the cucumber, carrots and set them to the side.
- After the jellyfish is dry, add it into a mixing bowl. Add soy sauce, black vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, mushroom bouillon, garlic, ginger, green onion and chili oil. Mix until the jellyfish is covered with the sauce.
- Place the jellyfish and vegetables in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will let the jellyfish marinate into the sauce.
- Add the sliced cucumber, carrots and daikon onto a plate. Top the vegetables with the jellyfish and drizzle sauce over. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and serve cold.