Turn this entrée into 3! You can serve this over rice, noodles or if you are looking into being healthy, try zoodles!
What is zoodles? It is basically shredded zucchinis as your substitution of noodles. Instead of eating starch, you in take more greens.
Recipe - Avocado Mushroom Toast
- 1 lb chicken legs , cut into pieces
- 1 cup carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, cut
- 3-4 yellow potatoes
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 stalk of lemon grass
- 1 thumb sized ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoon oil (2 for potatoes, 1 for lemongrass, garlic and ginger)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cut chicken legs in a bowl, season it with salt, pepper, and corn starch. Reason for corn starch because we are going to semi fry the chicken pieces. Set this to the side.
- Prepare the carrots, onions and potatoes. Using the back of the knife or mortar and pestle, mash the lemongrass, garlic and ginger to release it’s aroma.
- In a wok or non stick pan on high heat, add in 2 tablespoons oil and fry the potatoes. Once they are golden brown, remove from the pan.
- In the same wok/pan, add in the onions and carrots and stir fry until onion starts turning transparent then remove and set to the side.
- Using the same wok/pan, add in the chicken and sear each side (3 to 5 minutes – doesn’t need to cook completely as you will continue to cook it later) remove from the wok.
- Add in oil, lemongrass, garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Toss in all the meat, vegetables and curry powder. Mix well until everything is coated with curry.
- Add in chicken broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the wok/pan to get all the good stuff from earlier.
- Bring the wok/pan to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and let it summer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.