Recipe - Stir Fry Pork Belly Kimchi
- 1 lb pork belly slices (used shabu shabu slices)
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon oil Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons gochujang sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl, mix well and set to the side. (if too thick, add some water)
- Boil water to blanch the pork belly. This will help to remove excessive fat. if using octopus, blanch as well. This will remove extra liquid in the sauce. Strain and set to the side.
- Heat a wok or non stick pan on high heat. Add in oil and garlic. Once garlic turns golden, add in the onions.
- Cook the onions until it starts turning transparent then add in the kimchi. Cook for 5 minutes or until the kimchi liquid is gone. Add in the pork belly and sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes making sure to constantly stir frying so it does not burnt.
Health Tip: To make the meat less fatty, blanch the pork belly first before cooking to remove the excessive fat.