Feeling hot because of the weather, why not cool yourself with a cold dessert?
Recipe - Ube Coconut Pudding
- 1 medium purple yam, mashed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 pieces of palm sugar rocks
- 1 cup mini tapioca pearls
- Boil a pot of water, cook the purple yam for 20 minutes, or until it is soft. Remove the skin, break into pieces and mash with a fork. Set to the side.
- Boil another pot of water for the tapioca. Add in the tapioca and constantly stir. Lower the heat to medium low and cook for 10 minutes and stir so it doesn’t stick. Place lid over the pot and turn off the heat. Let the cook on it’s own for another 10-15 or until it is transparent.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, add in coconut milk and palm sugar over medium heat. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. Set to the side to cool.
- Strain the tapioca and run it through cold water to remove the extra starch.
- In a blender, add in purple yam (save 2 tablespoons for decor) and half of the coconut milk. Blend until it is creamy. If need, add more coconut milk. There you have, ube cream!
- In a bowl/cup, add 1/2 cup of the tapioca, drizzle coconut milk, ube cream and top it off with bits of purple yam. *For cold dessert, simply chill it in the fridge for an hour before serving. *For hot dessert, simply place everything from the assemble into a pot and cook for 2-3 minutes. You do not want to overcook, because the tapioca will dissolve.