I enjoy eating Vietnamese salad. It is such a refreshing dish. I have learned it doesn’t take long to prepare a salad, but it all depends on what you want to add. For this cold chicken salad, I decided to make it simple. You get to choose to whether to add fried garlic, fried shallots, or roasted peanuts. I would recommend it as it will give the salad that extra yummy crunch.
Recipe - Vietnamese Cold Chicken Salad
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cabbage shredded
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 5-6 leaves of napa, chopped thinly
- 1 green onion, chopped
- bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced and fried (optional) Dressing:
- 4 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chili (optional)
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Prepare the vegetables and ensure they are strained and dry.
- Assemble the vegetables and chicken by portion desire then add in the dressing to your taste.