My family enjoys eating Yoshinoya’s beef bowl because it’s simply just meat over rice. If the meat is saucy, all you need is a bowl of rice. Why buy when can make twice as much at home?
If you want to make it a bit more fancy, you can add a poached egg or fried egg to your preference.
- 2 lb of sliced beef (prefer beef belly slices)
- 2 medium onion
- 2 tablespoon sake
- 4 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup dashi stock (Japanese fish stock)
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Cut the onion into thinly slices, and chop the green onions. Set them to the side.
- Heat up a large frying pan over medium high, add in oil and onion. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in dash stock, sake, mirin, sugar, and soy sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and bring it to a boil.
- When the onion is soft, add in the beef. Make sure to skim off the foam from the beef with a fine-sieve. Cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Top it with green onions and it’s ready to be served over rice.