Let’s just call this the vegan toast. Quick and easy morning eats. What makes this toast taste so good? It’s the toast. Using the sourdough bread instead of regular bread makes a difference. It gives a difference taste and a different type of crunch.
It’s a must try if you’re leaning towards for a healthy meal.
Recipe - Mushroom Avocado Toast
- 2 slices of sourdough toast
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 lime
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven at 350F, drizzle olive oil on both sides of the toast, and toast for 8 minutes or until the bread is slightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings! In a pan, over medium heat, add oil, sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauteed. Cook until the liquid is almost gone. Set to the side to cool.
- In a bowl, add in diced avocado (does not need to be perfectly diced) add in salt, pepper and lime juice. Mash up the avocado into chunks and set it to the side.
- Spread the avocado into the toast. Top it off with the mushrooms, slices of cherry tomatoes, red pepper flakes and olive oil.